Thursday, October 8, 2015

The Tale of the Sunflower

I sat there once upon a morning
Observing the world as it truly was
When the little whisper of a flower
Caused me to turn in awe
Where it was rooted longingly
Wishing for others to notice
That it was there
And it was alive but alas
They all stayed in their busy lives
And the flower cried at last
"Tis true I may be odd
And taller than the rest
But please give me a chance to shine
And I'll give it my best
For the lonely heart rooted within
Can only shrivel now
For rooted in me is a saddened heart
And to lighten it, I don't know how"
But no one except for I turned
Or even heard her song
And she bowed her head in defeat
And cried through the night long
Until the very morning next
The golden rays awoken
And the Sun lifted her face
In which these were spoken
"Darling girl please don't cry
They simply cannot see
That what lays within your very soul
Is extraordinary beauty
Let me here dry your tears
And stay forevermore
For I will listen to thee
And love you from shore to shore" 
I watched this very exchange
Which made her heart soar
And she now spends her time looking at him
With love older than folklore

No comments: