Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Insect in a Jar

 To be entirely honest to all
As mine his heart shall never be won
For free spirits cannot be captured by
A container so plain as I
Each time I gain an insect of a sort
Captured within my simple jar
Adding beauty and wonder to my thoughts
But against the sides they all fought
It seems to me that my life shan't resolve
In love of ye olden tales or it at all
My life is to be spent as a wandering soul
For of this jar I have no control
The bugs fly in to simply want out
If that's what romance is all about
I shall cast it up into the wind
Where the dice and cards will truly spin
Until my fate tumbles to the ground
Shattering my jar without a sound
For insects aren't meant to be trapped in glass
Because superficial looks won't always last
Insects are meant to fly free
And if it's true they'll return to thee
I cannot keep his heart in a jar
If I do he'll love another from afar
Sleep shall come and I'll wistfully dream
That he had eyes entirely for me

No comments: